Yields 2 MetPro Servings
MetPro Serving Breakdown:
Protein = 2 (Basic: 30g protein)
Meal carbs = 1 (Basic: 15g carbs)
Fat = .5 (Basic: 7.5g fat)
- 2 cups 1-inch pieces peeled kabocha squash
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 8 oz extra lean ground meat of choice (or substitute egg whites, tofu, or tempeh)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 serrano chile, sliced
- 2 Tsp grated peeled ginger
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 0.5 oz Crushed salted, roasted peanuts and chopped cilantro (for serving)
1.) Steam squash in a steamer basket set in a pot of simmering water until tender, 6–8 minutes. Let cool slightly. Heat 1/2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet and cook squash, turning occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
2.) Heat remaining 1/2 Tbsp. oil in the same skillet, add extra lean ground meat, and cook, breaking into large pieces and stirring occasionally until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add scallions, garlic, chile, and ginger and cook, stirring often, just until softened, about 2 minutes. Add squash, lime juice, fish sauce; toss to combine.
3.) Serve stir-fry topped with peanuts and cilantro.
Original recipe found at BonAppetit.com with modifications made to be MetPro friendly