- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup fresh green beans- cut
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow summer squash
- ½ cup thinly green onion
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped red onion Optional: 1 can olives
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 4 ½ tea lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 mined garlic clove
1.) In a large saucepan, bring 4in of water to a boil. Add carrots, beans and peas and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a bowl; add zucchini, summer squash, onion, red bell pepper and olives.
2.) Combine oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate for up to 1 hour. – You can also refrigerate dressing and pour over veggies when ready to serve.
3.) This makes about 12 cups – if a smaller group use ½ servings of each. This is a yummy salad for the summer BBQ pair with a protein and you’re ready to go!